Opening Hours Mon to Fri - 8.00 AM to 5:00 PM Saterday & Sunday: CLOSED
Call Us 088 763 6678 or 012 651 110
Email Us

Business setup in Cambodia

When setting up a business in Cambodia, it is your responsibility to have all the correct licences and permits from the relevant ministries.

For example, if you want to set up a restaurant business then you will first need register the business then apply for a tourism licence, a permit/letter from Ministry of Health, a permit/letter from the Fire department plus maybe other licences which are relevant to your business. The cost of these licences depend on how big the business. There are many types of licences and permits, so finding out what you need is important before opening your business.

Businesses which are in the agricultural sector need special licences and permits, and these licences//permits will cost you thousands of dollars to obtain.

Import and export licences are especially needed for larger businesses, and along with the licences you will need special permits in some cases. For example, importing and exporting medicines/drugs require a special licence from the ministry of health and it can be very difficult to obtain and nearly impossible as a foreigner.

Importing and exporting garments need a special permit called the “Certificate of Origin” before you can export. Importing and exporting jewelry and silver require special permit letters.

Basically, there are hundreds of different types of letters and permits required for all the different types of businesses

To avoid the hassle with officials and get everything done correctly, we offering you our know how and setup  the business for you from A to Z and you can focus your self .

The following entity’s are available.

Sole Proprietorship

Most people opening small businesses will choose for the cheaper option which is the “Sole Proprietorship” registration. A sole proprietorship is owned and operated by a single person and he/she is liable for everything the business does but he/she is entitled to all of its profits.

Private Limited Company

A private limited company (PLC) is a legal entity which is separate from its shareholders. It basically means if the PLC ever had any problems with company debts then the shareholders are not legally liable for them. A PLC can have between two and thirty shareholders of the company.

Single Member Company

A single member company is a private limited company but it only has one shareholder. And, as the single member company is a PLC then it has the same advantages as the normal private limed company.

General Partnerships

General partnerships are whereby one or more persons would like to do business together. To form a general partnership then contract is drawn up between the partners. All partners in a general partnership are liable for any debts incurred by the business.

Limited Partnerships

Limited partnerships are for whereby you have one or more general partners and then one partner who is classed as a limited partner who is often the main investor in the business. This is where the limited partner is not liable for any debts incurred by the business but the general partners would be.

For parent companies then there are other business registrations to consider.

If you need more information, please make a apointment with our consultant for a personal advice.